Monday, July 9, 2012

Elric ink


I love Elric. The archetypal antihero created by fantasy legend Michael Moorcock has become iconic since his inception over 50 years ago, but he's always resonated with me in deeper ways. So much so that I've been getting a sleeve of Elric tattoos done over the past few months. Here's the centerpiece--based on one of Steve Ellis' illustrations from Del Rey's recent Elric reprint series. I'll post more as the sleeve progresses (courtesy of the incredibly talented Patrick Shackley at Monarch Tattoo Studio in Denver. And if you haven't yet had the profound pleasure of immersing yourself in Elric's rich, heady, subversive mythos, may I humbly suggest you rectify that?

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Denver Body Art Community? Our members will love it!
    Members include: Denver Tattoo Artists, Body Piercers, Tattoo Parlors and Inked People
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also share Photos, Videos or a Classified Ad if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like. It’s free and easy.
    The Denver Body Art Community: http://www.vorts.com/denver/body_art/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete