Wednesday, October 19, 2011

An open letter to My Blog


Dear My Blog,

Sorry I've been neglecting you. Things have been crazy. My novel, Taft 2012, comes out January 17. That's been keeping me busy. I've been writing scripts for book trailers, beaming over my first review (starred on Publishers Weekly), and trying to overcome my morbid terror of public speaking in advance of my book-release event at Tattered Cover Book Store on 1/17.

See, it isn't just you. I don't like talking to anybody. That's why I'm a writer.

What else has been going on? Well, I finally got around to setting up an author's page on Amazon. I'm still writing a bunch for The A.V. Club. I've been working on my dark steampunk novel, Ocean of Bone. And there's other awesome stuff cresting the horizon. Don't want to jinx it or anything, though.

Oh, yeah, and Facebook. I've been spending way, way too much time there. I know that must make you feel kinda crappy, My Blog. Again, my apologies. You know what? Maybe you should just start your own Facebook page. At least we'd keep in touch better that way. I mean, some of my friends' cats have their own Facebook page. I don't see why My Blog can't.

That said: I'll be trying to stop by more often to visit. What kind of beer do you like again? I totally forgot. I didn't mean to be away so long. Forgive me, ol' buddy. I'm a jerk. But you knew that already.

Regards,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment